Sunday, March 22, 2009

Early Mornings

Caleb calls our stroller "the baby train."

I have never been a morning person (as all my family and friends can tell you). I tried to create Ava into a late morning girl as well. It worked well for a while but really she has always loved the morning. She wakes up happy and excited to start the day...shaking her crib until I come in and then squeeling in delight when she sees me. Everyday the second we take her out of her crib, she begins waving. I don't really know who she thinks she is waving to, but none the less...she waves. The great part was that on occasion, she would sleep in some...8:30, 9:00, it was awesome. With three children, I feel that my days of sleeping until 8:30 are long gone. Yesterday, Ava woke up at 7:00 but I got her to lay back down in my bed with me. About an hour late I hear a wisper outside my door...I see two little heads peaking through the cracks saying "Ashawee....we're hungry....can you make us oatmeal." Anniiyah and Makayla then decide to crawl in bed with me. Somehow during their "quiet" entry into my bed, Ava stays asleep. For the next 5 minutes we all lay in silence until I hear "Ashawee....can I watch Dora...." Time to get up and start the day.



Saturdays are tiring. Caleb is at work and I still haven't learned the art of entertaining at home. I am getting better but still feel like I need to take all children out of the house for some grand adventure. Yesterday that included a fabric store (where we got yelled at for touching too many things), big lots (where we had to have a lot of talks about how you can't always get what yo want), family dollar, and a bridal shower (I spent my time there chasing Ava...thank goodness for lots of friends who were also helping me chase children). It's now Sunday and from 7am to 8am I have gotten almost an hour of alone time. I hear little voices though and I am sure breakfast will need to be made soon. I will end this entry with some quotes from the week...





Anniiyah: "This girl at school had the same backpack as me and then this other girl had the same name...it's just all freaking me out!"



Makayla: "Sometimes, baby ava just gives me a headache."



Anniiyah: "In the morning, before school, Caleb gets us up and Ashawee just sleeps and sleeps and sleeps."



Makayla about hearing the song Bye Bye Bye: "Oohhh...that's my song!"














No comments: