Thursday, November 12, 2009

A blurr....













Oh my...The last month has been a blur! I will give some highlights and obviously post pictures!
The girls began weekend visits with their mom. We continue to pray for healing and restoration for these precious girls. I wish we could know what that actually means. They are struggling to understand what is happening. It's a lot of transition for them to be with us for 5 days and mom for 2.























* Went to Indiana for Aunt Kourtney's wedding. Kids and parents were all very tired by the end of the journey. Great wedding and we are excited for Kourtney and Brandon to start their life together!
I also got to be the matron of honor in Tricia's wedding. Tricia and I have been best friends since 8th grade and it was an honor to share in her and Chauncey's special day. Big marriage month!
I have started to come to the realization that our family may soon by changing. It was exactly one year ago that we started talking and praying about what our role would be in the life of Anniiyah and Makayla and their mom and their siblings. We had conversations with friends and felt called to do anything we could to bring them into our family. We knew that it was likely temporary. We also knew that we wanted them to be with their mom if possible. This past year has not been easy but God has been very real to us. He has showed us that we need to let go of trying to control our lives. We can't plan...we have no idea what tomorrow might look like. Evey Sunday night I feel like we start over. For all the hard, I look at my beautiful girls and I am so thankful I got to know and love them as much as I have. The level of joy that they bring to our home can't be described. Court is December 8th and we are thankful for your prayers. I wish I could tell you exactly how to pray but I am still processing.
On a lighter note...we are getting excited for Christmas. We are going to do something special with the girls for advent every evening becuase we want to instill in them what Christmas is about.
I wish I had some good videos to post of all the dancing that goes on in our house these days. My favorite moments are when we are all hanging out and the girls and dancing and singing at the top of their lungs. Ava loves hte Little Mermaid and sings "Part of that WOOOOORRRRRLLLLLDDDDDD" at the top of her lungs. Makes me laugh every time! Makayla and Ava love to find anything they can use for dress up (for ava it's a floppy pink hat) and they follow each other around the house with a shopping cart. OH the life of three little girls!

No comments: