Saturday, March 12, 2011

Things that make us "us" (or Things That Make Us Not Real Adults)

Today I was realizing that I struggle keeping up with "the little things." I have determined that most of these things are the daily responsibilites that come with being an adult and a parent. I started coming up with a list of such things that I thought I would share. I feel like in college, most of these things are acceptable but somehow, we have just not been able to quite "get it together." If anyone would like to offer us help, we would take it:)
1. We have been missing some clean laundry lately. We are pretty sure it's in a bag from a trip to Florida almost 2 months ago that we never unpacked...this bag is currently missing.
2. I have only washed my hair 1 time in the last 7 days.
3. Our van has fast food cups dating back at least 1 month.
4. Our van...it deserves it's own number but I have no idea how to begin describing it.
5. I had to ask a friend to make Ava a lunch for school because I was out of bread to make it myself becuase we hadn't grocery shopped in 3 weeks.
6. I found a pair of pants of Ava's under the couch today...they were size 12 month. She is 3. Guess they have been there a while.
7. I found a bag of poppy clothes from Jay from Christmas....last week.
8. Ava hasn't worn matching socks in months...nor have I.

I can't blame any of this on multiple kids or a crazy schedule....it's just who we are. I am going to keep this list so that in a few years when we are way more responsible, I can look back and say "oh what kids we were back then."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha I hope if you guys are more responsible in a few years, we will be too! :-)