Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dear Friends...

One thing you don't want to hear at 1:30 am is "Mommy-Daddy...I had an accident."  So I am still awake after cleaning up a pretty sweet mess.  I am struggling to sleep tonight.  I lay awake thinking, processing, and praying.  I am asking questions that have no answers...
Over a year ago our great friends Drew and Diane introduced us to Adam and Becca.  They had been working in Atlanta through a ministry and wanted to move into downtown and live incarnationally in a neighborhood close ours.  They didn't know exactly where yet, but we were totally praying it would be close to us.  You see...they are awesome.  They have an incredible heart for God and for people.  They also have a spunky-sweet-full-of-personality 2 year old that hit it off with Ava immediately.  This past winter, they started working on their new house which amazingly enough is about 2 minutes from our house (and if it's less than 90 degrees I could totally walk).  We have loved having them so close and have been so encouraged by their heart for the neighborhood, Jesus, and how they love and are loved by those around them.  After a LONG journey they were able to close on their house last week in time to have their new baby son Caden.  When Caden was born, they found something wrong with his heart.  You can read their blog for more details Stanley Blog.  Our hearts ache for our friends as they go through this unthinkable--scary--time.  I find myself praying constantly and bring distracted all the time thinking of them and their sweet boy.  This week in my girls bible study we were studying Daniel and the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.  I was so challenged by my own faith as I read this story.  They were told to worship other Gods and their response was “O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter.  If this be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of your hand, O king.  But if not, be it known to you, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up.”  Do I trust that God can deliver us from the fire?  I am praying with faith that God can heal Caden.  He is the same God that rescued these men from the fiery furnace and performed miracle after miracle.  Please join me in praying for my friends.   I pray to the one and only God-the Healer, Redeemer, Savior, Restorer.  I pray for faith as I wrestle with questions that can't be answered.  I am so grateful that I serve a personal God who loves people 100x more than I ever could.         




1 comment:

sarah hoiberg said...

Ashlee, I Love your heart! I too am praying for Baby Caden and for his parents. I know the feeling all too well of trusting God to guide the Doctors hands in caring for my baby! My heart Aches for them! I also know their Struggle to care for their other child! the feeling of being torn is horrible. God is with them and because they have Him as the center of their lives and marriage they will survive! God is our healer and i pray that they continue to feel the ever present peace that he brings.