Sunday, May 17, 2009

Peace Like A River...





It's quiet in my house right now. I only hear the dryer which is on it's 25th load of the weekend. My days kind-of run together lately...beautifully, tiring, wonderful, hard, days a lot of times. As I type in the silence, I think about the normal noises in my house. At any time you will hear kids talking, singing, playing, or sometimes even arguing:). From Makayla I will hear "mommy" about 100 times a day...From Anniiyah I will hear her singing one of her made up songs that everyone needs to listen to, but no one else is aloud to sing along with. From sweet baby Ava I will hear the words "help, cheese, and doggie" repeated over and over again. The girls have been with us for a little over 2 months. In some ways it seems so much longer than that. I feel like we are starting to get into the flow....there are a lot of things that could be really hard about all this and I realized after a visit from the girls mom this week that I feel peaceful. A LOT is up in the air right now, but I know that God is present with us. In a devotional once the author talked about the idea of "peace like a river." I had sung a song a when I was a kid that talked about that, but never thought about the fact that rivers aren't super "peaceful." Most of the time they are rushing and changing and forcefu. A river can bend and twist in ways you aren't expecting. I feel that kind of peace right now. I pray that I the Lord will continue to give me a peace that is so clearly from Him becuase I often don't know which way things are going to "turn" next.
Tongiht Caleb and I got to go to a movie with friends for the first time in a LONG time. It was really nice to be out without anyone who needed something from me but at the same time, I love taking our kids with us places. I love how they think everything is so new and exciting. I love how everytime we get in the car, they all start dancing to "their song." Another big occurence of the night was that Ava pooped in the toilet. It was kind of a fluke but it's more and mroe exciting. I am not the mom that gets excited about poop becuase it's VERY exciting to me.

No comments: