Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Progress?

Well, today was our 38+ week midwife appointment. Ava was so sweet at the appointment. They always let her hold the doppler thing to listen for the baby's heartbeat. Once we heard it today she looked up at Caleb and said "Daddy Daddy, that's my baby brother...it's his heart!" Caleb and I had been in serious discussion about if I should ask her to check my "progress." At the last minute, I decided to ask her...I am 3cm dilated, 80% effaced, and some other things I don't understand completely. Caleb's fear is that if I know how I am progressing, I will freak out and constantly think the baby is going to be born in the car (this may have been my reaction with Ava). Needless to say, I am not freaking out and know that I could still have a LOT longer before we get to meet baby boy Starr. It does however inspire me to get a little "responsible." I am going to sit down and make a list of things to do....such as...pack a bag, get the bassinet and car seat from friends, pack something for Ava, etc. I am grateful for friends who want to take walks and who bring dinner over when I am clearly not cooking, and take my child for a few hours so I can rest. We decided very last minute to have carpet installed in the bedrooms so in the next two days we need to move everything out of both rooms, paint the kids room (which involves picking out paint colors today), carpet needs installed, and then everything needs moved back. This may have been an ambitious project to try and accomplish in a 5 day period of time (Sunday we decided that we might want to get carpet, Monday the guy brought samples and we picked a color, Tuesday the carpet was purchased, and Friday it's being installed). I am very much looking forward to the arrival of baby boy Starr...after Friday:)

2 comments:

Amy B. said...

Ashlee, why would you be worried about the baby being born in the car?? That kind of thing NEVER happens.

Erin Fielding said...

haha ... well the day I saw Margaret and she checked me at 39+ weeks, I was 2cm and 90% effaced and Lucy came two days later. just sayin'... :)