Saturday, August 29, 2009

5, 4, 3, 2, 1....

This week is usually a big week for us every year... Even though we didn't know her yet, 5 years ago yesterday, our little Makayla came into the world. 4 years ago this week, we moved into our first house in Atlanta. Hard to believe that we would love it as much as we did. 3 years ago we settled into our new life post Mission Year, while we continued to live in community in South Atlanta. 2 years ago we bought our house and embraced Pittsburgh as our new community. 1 year ago we were still getting used to our new little baby and all the changes that come with it. This year, we have three wonderful kids that we are raising and loving and enjoying life with. I always have strong emotions when I think of 4 years ago when we pulled up to 911 Hank Aaron Drive. We had no idea what God was going to do after our one year commitment to Atlanta. It's hard to believe that so much of our life is still impacted by God leading us here to do Mission Year. Last night as we all stood around our table singing happy birthday, I looked at Makayla who was SUPER excited about the cake, the candles, the presents and the attention. She looked so happy and so innocent. I love my girls so much. I love celebrating special times with them. I know that it might not be forever but for as long as I can, I am going to keep loving them with all my heart. Below are some pictures of the party. Enjoy!







No comments: